Week 1 of the School of Open ‘Adopt a School’ went successfully.
Students were taught on creating Wikipedia accounts. Next week, we will move to creating and editing articles.
Thirty students participated in the training.
Interested schools in Lagos that want to get involved to send an email to email@example.com
Please note that:
- This training is free of charge, neither the school nor the organizers will pay to any other party for the running of the training;
- The school will select a day and will allocate time to the organizers for the training to hold each week.
- The school will provide a training centre, computers and power to run the training
- The school will nominate students that will participate in the training; this will be dependent on the amount of computers the school has. Every participant must have access to a computer.
- The school will nominate teachers (Computer science, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and other teachers dimmed fit for the training;
- The training centre must be airy and conducive for learning. It must not be rowdy;
- The organizers will bring the resource persons;
- The organizers will bring internet access;
- The organizers will bring training materials.